Salary – competitive
Saqi Books, an independent publisher of books on the Middle East and literary fiction in translation, is seeking a highly organised and experienced publishing manager to help oversee all aspects of the publishing process from commission to publication.
Working closely with the publisher, you will help to expand our publishing programme and deliver tailored sales and marketing campaigns for frontlist titles. The role demands strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to work well under pressure on a variety of projects. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with an interest in the politics, history, art and literature of the Middle East.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
• Managing publishing plans for frontlist titles, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met.
• Preparing tailored marketing plans for the frontlist, as well as strategies to promote the backlist.
• Building relationships with key customers, as well as growing existing business streams and managing direct sales.
• Managing ebook programme, including rights acquisition, conversion and promotion through online aggregators.
• Representing the company at book fairs, events and sales conferences.
The successful candidate will have:
• Three or more years’ experience in trade or academic publishing.
• The ability to multitask and work to strict deadlines with accuracy and flair.
• Excellent creative and editorial skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
• Strong IT skills – experience with all basic Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel etc.), Adobe Creative Suite, as well as content management systems and email marketing solutions.
• Confidence to manage a wide range of projects and a busy workload.
• Experience using social networking and online media as marketing tools and in organising speaker events, book launches and promoting projects to general public.
Please send your CV, cover letter and current salary details to Lynn Gaspard, email@example.com
Closing date: 14 October 2016